Enjoy your well deserved three day weekend! Make memories with loved ones and catch up on some well needed sleep.
DID YOU KNOW:
- that there are inventory lists on our faculty website? Check out all three tabs to see what is available to you in the broadcast studio closet, the garden, and your storage rooms. If there are materials you need, please see your house lead to learn how to write a PO for approval.
- we have a new MLI Designer joining us? Her name is Mary Kennington and we couldn't be HAPPIER to have her! Please take time to email her and welcome her to our famiLEE! She will be emailing the designers of our 4 MLI learners.
- with campus mobility and some spaces not having phones, we could benefit from having everyone's cell number in one place. If you are comfortable, please share your number here. When the office has an urgent message, they can contact you. Your number will NOT be shared outside of our staff.
- we are going to have to request that staff members park in the back parking lot, if you arrive after 6:30am? With so many employees, there are not enough spots when parents come for lunch. Duc is unlocking the second set of back doors by 6:30, so you should have no trouble getting safely inside.
See you in the gym at 8:00, tomorrow, for our UNITY RALLY. I LOVE THIS IDEA and can't wait for our school spirit to be celebrated. Thank you to our #unitysquad for their planning and follow-through!
If you would like to buy an Ed Foundation t-shirt, and get an extra jeans day the first Tuesday of each month, stop by the front office for an order form or go online to www.coppellisdef.com Orders will be taken from Aug 29- Sept 21 and delivered the first week of October.
FED EX DAY
Enjoy your one hour on Wednesday where you learn about a topic of YOUR choice related to YOUR goals, and earn Flex credit for it. This is a time for learning. Please post to Today's Meet after 4:30, but before 5:00, on Wednesday and share what you learned during your time in order to get credit for your hour. We will send out a separate email about goals and these CAN be worked on during Fed Ex since they are due by Friday.
Are you using any DYNA products in your class (digital OR print)? I MUST talk to you if you are. This is a request from Dr. Waldrip.
- Sign off on Employee handbook in Talent Ed Records
- Fill out the Dismissal roster for Specials
- Add the Faculty Calendar to your devices
- Sign off on our Campus Handbook in the front office
- Select a learner from each house to attend our PTO Mtg. on September 13
- Your house morning broadcast should be watched live (at 7:55) or be started by 7:57 at the latest.
You are required, by the district, to wear your ID Badge at school-please wear yours! If you see anyone in our building without a badge, you must escort them to the office.
Please request parents arrive at 5:45 to begin promptly at 6:00. Also, please post a PDF of your presentation on your websites. THANK YOU!
Flyers and membership applications are posted on PeachJar (our district digital flyer system). Please inform your parents about this REAL opportunity to start a savings account that learners can begin AT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. Spur Savings dates are already on our faculty calendar for the year.
CISD EDUCATION FOUNDATION
New hires, don't forget to tweet out pics to @CoppellISDEF with images of your Back to School purchases with your Walmart gift cards. Be thinking about any @CoppellISD EF grants you want to submit. The window is from September 12- October 17. I will forward the application to you. New hires, don't forget to send thank you cards to the Admin Bldg. for your $250.
BOY GOAL SETTING MEETINGS
Please sign up on this Google spreadsheet to meet with Ashley and Chantel to review your goals for the year. These meetings are not necessary for hourly employees.
Ashley and I will continue to visit and give you feedback on the "3.1 Learning Environment" portion of the TTESS Walkthrough form. It was DELIGHTFUL visiting your spaces this week. By the end of next week, each of you should have a minimum of one walkthrough, each. Remember there is a comment button to chat electronically about your comments. Also, if you want to visit about the snapshot we are open to chat ANYtime!
STOP COLLABORATE AND LISTEN
I hope you will consider joining in with the professional learning ON CAMPUS for math. You will earn flex credit for attendance.
5th grade - Sept 13 @ Lee (3:30-5:00) https://coppell.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=7985
4th grade - Sept 15 @ Lee (3:30-5:00) https://coppell.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=7986
3rd grade - Sept 13 @ Lee (3:30-5:00) https://coppell.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=7985
2nd grade - Sept 15 @ Lee (3:30-5:00) https://coppell.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=7986
1st grade - Sept 20 @ Austin (3:30-5:00) https://coppell.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=7987
Kindergarten - Sept 22 @ Austin (3:30-5:00) https://coppell.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=7988
I also added the FOSS Science sessions at Denton Creek Elementary to our faculty calendar.
In a couple of weeks we have our first PTO Meeting. (date may be changing to the 20th) We look forward to seeing April, Stephanie, Shari, Cindy, Courtney, Melinda, and Wendy there. Don't forget to bring a house learner to share out what they are doing in CBL, and your house, with our PTO.
CISD CURRICULUM COURIER
none sent this week
LEE LIFE PRINCIPLE:
Patriotism-love for or devotion to one's country
LESSON IN LEADERSHIP:
Stand up for what you believe in. You shouldn't take no for an answer if your heart and mind are leading you in a direction that you feel strongly about.
LEE QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"I only regret that I have one life to lose for my country"-Nathan Hale
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Sept 5- LABOR DAY (No School)
Sept 6- 1, 3, 5 Curriculum Night (6:00-7:00)
Sept 7- Julie L's Birthday
College Shirt Day
FED EX (3:30-4:30)
Sept 8- K, 2, 4 Curriculum Night (6:00-7:00)
Sept 9- Goals Due in Euphoria