What a week!!! YOU DID IT, and we could not be happier with the "going's on" in your spaces. You have happy learners which equates to happy parents. We saw EXCELLENCE at every turn. I have thoroughly enjoyed having visits with your learners. This is a great way for me to get a feel about some of our new and returning friends. It also helps them learn more about me in the process. I am grateful that you shared them with me. I have some great stories that we can share at our after school social spurs event! :) We appreciate your flexibility this week as last minute bus routes have changed, last minute forms were requested to be sent home, and our campus procedures shake out. Week 2 is always so much smoother!
DID YOU KNOW?
- that we expected PLC time would be spent designing the first round or two? It is expected that you sort out your responsibilities, get some electronic means of collaboration set up, and all get on the same page. By the end of your third PLC time, please have your Lead 4ward tasks completed.
- that Julie will now be the PE aide and Kandice will be the Enrichment Hour Designer? We are excited about this switch! Please remind your learners to wear sneakers on their PE Days.
- that there are Racetrack Teacher Appreciation tags in your mailbox that get one ANY SIZE fountain drink or coffee EACH DAY the month of September? ENJOY!
- that we have our first campus visit on Tuesday morning? We will have 10-15 visitors during this tour.
UPDATE ON DESIGNER WEBSITES
Now that you are familiar with updating your websites, please ensure that the following information is located on your home page before your scheduled Curriculum Night.
- 6 day rotation schedule
- specials time
- recess time
- lunch time
- contact info (email, Twitter, blog site, etc.)
This weekend we will finalize the slides so that you can add specific grade level curriculum content for your presentations. Remember to keep curriculum general. Inform parents you will send more specific details in your weekly communication. Please, use the notes to help you with your presentation, host the session in an enclosed space in your house, and remember that is is professional dress for this event. You will want to email your parents to remind them that this event is for parents only, and that children should stay home. Please also post the Curriculum Night presentation to your campus website.
MATH TEMI UNIVERSAL SCREENER
All Designers need to complete the RtI2: Math Universal Screener course in Schoology. To access the RtI2: Math Universal Screener course in Schoology:
- Navigate to: cisd.schoology.com
- Select the Courses dropdown menu in the top menu
- Click on the Join link in the Courses dropdown
- Enter this access code: C4QBH-TWT8V
Once you have entered that code, it will say RTI2 Math Universal Screener. Designers, select your grade level for the universal screener training that you need.
Per the district, educators are financially responsible for the Educator iPad (32gb iPad Air WiFi) that is issued and checked out to them in Destiny. CISD has partnered with Worth Avenue Group (WAG) for discounted rates on iPad insurance. While this is completely optional, some educators find this to be helpful in the event of damage or loss. To learn more about insurance, please see click here!
Please check folders for these, immediately after arrival on Monday. We need to have ALL forms to the office as soon as possible. We have a 5:00 deadline to submit our iBook and we have to verify all learners in photos and videos. Your help is appreciated!
LEEDER OF THE WEEK
Carefully select your leader of the week and post in Angela's google form by Tuesday. This learner will be invited to ride on the Homecoming Float next week. Shhhhh.....it is a secret!
"LEE"DERSHIP QUALITY OF THE WEEK
Respect- showing consideration for others.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Consideration for others is the basis of a good life, a good society” -Confucius
LESSON IN "LEE"DERSHIP
We will often have visitors in our school. When a visitor arrives, look them in the eyes, shake hands, tell them who you are, and welcome the person to our school.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
August 31: Apple Releases Due
PreK Busses begin
Social Spurs (3:15 p.m.)
Dad's Club Mtg. (7:00 p.m.)
Sept 1: Curriculum Night for K, 2, 4 (6:30-7:30 p.m.)
Sept 2: Walk AT School Wednesday
Jeans with College Shirt
Sept 3: Curriculum Night for 1, 3, 5 (6:30-7:30 p.m.)
Sept 4: 1:1 Apple ID Letter Due
Fresh Grade Webinar w/ Wade
Girl Scout Meeting (4:00 p.m. Media Center)
Sept 7: NO SCHOOL