DID YOU KNOW:
- that Apple is launching a new coding app in the fall called Swift? Check it out here.
- that the district has passed down 88 iPads for us to use? These come with cases, but no chargers, so we will have to be creative with charging. I have divided these out evenly based on number of learners per house in grades K-3. We will deliver at the end of the week. (24-Blue, 13-Purple, 13-Yellow, 24 Green, and 14-Red) Please know if these "die" they go to the graveyard and won't be repaired, so let's help them last as long as possible.
- that you can sign up for email notifications when you have not taken attendance? Check out these directions.
- there is a new CBL Learning Guide in iBooks? If you choose to read it, please submit for 1 hour of flex time in Euphoria.
- Jacque's IC blog is now on our Faculty website? It has been updated, so check it out here.
- that you can print to the color printer? Please email the item to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a need. All other printing should go to the copiers.
RED AND BLACK T-SHIRTS
If you would like to buy an Ed Foundation t-shirt and get an extra jeans day the first Tuesday of each month, stop by the front office for an order form or go online to www.coppellisdef.com Orders will be taken from Aug 29- Sept 21 and delivered the first week of October.
NOTES FROM NURSE AMY
As mentioned in last Friday's time with Amy, here is information to help keep kids healthy and safe, in class and ready to learn. Are you certified in CPR? If so, please share your certification with Amy. Also, the Student Accident Report is here.
Here is the link to this year's Faculty Favorites Responses in case you want to surprise a staff member.
Please request parents pick learners up by 2:45 pm for after school appointments. After 2:45, we need to ask them to stay in the car loop. Deepa is going to assist us with afternoon dismissal.
Curriculum Night times have been changed to 6:00-7:00, now! Please start communicating to parents, now, that this is a PARENT event and that learners should stay home. Also, please post your presentations as a PDF on your Lee Website. THANK YOU!
Our first 2 sessions of Team Time are for Curriculum Talk. We will come up with Agenda items in our first Leadership Team Meeting. Until then, please work through norms, Curriculum Night presentations, and sharing stored electronic resources.
We will practice emergency drills next week. Be READY. If you do not know where to go ASK a housemate, or Admin, so we can give you directions. All spaces should have a map posted at your door and a red/green card clipped inside. If you do not have a red/green card, please see the office.
Please work to get images up on your digital signage by September 1.
CISD CURRICULUM COURIER
This week's courier is here.
- 4th/5th will get Argument Inquiry Science training this year
-In ESL Section they talk about posting content AND language objectives in EVERY class.
RtI and Universal Screener Informational Video for Mathematics
LEE LIFE PRINCIPLE:
Respect- showing consideration for others
LESSON IN LEADERSHIP:
We will often have visitors in our school. When a visitor arrives, look them in the eyes, shake hands, tell them who you are, and welcome the person to our school.
LEE QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
Consideration for others is the basis of a good life, a good society" -Confucius
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Aug 28- Stephanie S's Birthday
Aug 29- PE Student Teacher starts observing (Mr. Straka)
Aug 30- Unity Team meeting (flex space-3:15)
Aug 31- House Shirt with jeans
Sept 1- Amanda B's Birthday
Green House in charge of Lounge Cleanup