May each of you have a wonderfully restful three day weekend. I have already received two parent emails bragging about conferences so THANK YOU for all of your preparations and hard work!! I appreciate you all showing me some love by redecorating my office. I may have to leave a few things in their new places. :)
OUR GUIDING PURPOSE: We empower learners to positively impact the world by designing learning experiences that promote positive relationships, risk taking, and collaboration in a flexible environment.
DID YOU KNOW?
- that Chantel will be out on Wednesday and Thursday to attend Principal's Institute in Dallas?
- there is FREE Apple PD called "Building an Interactive Book and Animated Story. It is at Stonebriar Apple Store and you will earn 2 hours of flex time. Let Chantel know if you are interested.
- some of our parents are sending birthday treats in for snack time? Please remind your parents that birthday treats will be shared the last few minutes of lunchtime, only. THANK YOU!
- we will host our first parent TechKNOW Saturday on November 7 from 9-11? Please mark your calendars. If you cannot attend in November, the second round of training will be on January 23. You will be paid for your participation and must choose one to present at!
- Principal Hall from Lakeside will be touring our building on Tuesday between 11:30 and 2:30. Please make sure you have your learning standards posted and your spaces are tidy. THANK YOU!
WRITE A CHECK
Tuesday is the kickoff of our Write a Check campaign. YOU are an integral part of helping to make this a successful fundraising event for our school. Money raised will help with adding projector carts to houses, pay for transportation for house field trips, bring in visiting authors, and MORE.
Please send learners down to the flex area of the media center following morning broadcast. They will need a small amount of time to share when they return from our meeting. Please make sure ALL learner names and shirt sizes are in the Google form. THANK YOU!
FED EX DAY
Enjoy your one hour on Wednesday where you learn about a topic of YOUR choice related to YOUR goals, and earn flex credit for it. This is a time for learning. Please post to this Today's Meet after 4:30, but by 5:00, on Wednesday. Please share what you learned during your time to get credit for your hour. Those who post will automatically be enrolled through Eduphoria. If you need ideas, Fed Ex time is a great opportunity to get our PLC chapters read, post in our Schoology course, and more.
EDUCATION FOUNDATION RED and BLACK SUPERSTARS
Wouldn't it be AWESOME if RJL showed our Education Foundation some love by participating in this recognition program? Please take time to nominate using this Nomination form link . It is SHORT and EASY!!! Another free t-shirt, too!!!
"LEE"DERSHIP QUALITY OF THE WEEK
Self-Discipline- the ability to choose and control one's own actions.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"If we were supposed to talk more than listen, we would have two mouths and one ear." -Mark Twain
LESSON IN "LEE"DERSHIP
Make eye contact. When someone is speaking, keep your eyes on him or her at all times. If someone makes a comment, turn and face that person.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Oct 12: NO SCHOOL
Oct 13: Write a Check Begins
LEEdership Council Mtg. (8:00-9:00)
PTO Mtg. (6:30 Cafe)
Oct 14: Convocation Tshirt w/Jeans
Origami Owl in Teacher's Lounge (8:00-12:00)
Fed Ex Day (3:30-4:30)
Education Foundation Grants Due (4:30)
Oct 15: Spurs Savings (7:30-7:50)
Tour Thursday (9:00 and 1:00)
Oct 16: Social Spurs Luncheon
Dad's Club Camp-In (6:30pm- 9:30am)