There is so much to celebrate this week! Field Day (for those who haven't experienced it yet) is such a FUN day for us all and PTO has worked very hard to put together a great day. We had a fantastic time at the ballpark celebrating learners, there was a successful harvest from our garden, and there are some EXCEPTIONAL solutions coming to fruition on campus. I feel #luckyatlee that you all keep the learning experiences going strong for our learners and that "learning happens until the last day at Lee!" We know you are tired, yet you still give your all to our learners- THANK YOU! IT DOES NOT GO UNNOTICED.
DID YOU KNOW
- that we now have Lee Reading A-Z for all of Kindergarten and Lee Vocabulary A-Z for the whole campus? I'm working on finding out passwords and if it is accessible to your learners for the summer. Stay tuned!
- that for those of you that are planners, our Master Schedule has two new tabs for May 30 and 31? We will continue with grade level days, but there are some minor adjustments so please take notice. Thank you for creating the schedule, Julie, and thank you ALL for your flexibility.
- that Penny Tramel will be going to College Station ISD next year?
- we have recommended a new Designer for hire. Please welcome Leslie Howard. Leslie has taught in Eagle Mountain Saginaw, is a former teacher of the year, and been a campus leader at her school. I am sure she would LOVE a friendly welcome to our FamiLEE, so please feel free to text her at 817-240-5583 or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to wear shorts and ball caps with your Field Day t-shirts tomorrow. Shorts should be fingertip length or longer- don't ruin it for others! Please use the following schedule:
- 7:55- Morning Broadcast House Meetings
- 8:10- Head outside to start your first zone at 8:15
- 12:00-1:00- Lunchtime in houses
- 1:00-1:15- Head back outside through the gym (get popsicle)
- 1:15-?- House Competitions/Teacher Games
Please involve the CISD student athletes as much as possible. We have football, tennis, RST, and other athletes here to make the day tons of fun for ALL.
MEMORIAL DAY CARDS
Don't forget to have your class work on creating cards for Memorial Day by Friday, May 26. We will take them to the DFW National Cemetery on Saturday, May 27 at 9:00 a.m. This is a rewarding experience, so feel free to join in. THANKS, Bethany, for being the point person on this service project!
Thank you for getting started on your inventory of your storage spaces.
END OF YEAR TECHNO CHECK-IN
Please check out this document that explains how and when we will check in/out devices and carts for the end of year. See Melinda or Alli if you have any questions. Dates and info are also on the staff calendar.
In addition, 4th and 5th grade, please make sure to read and follow Alli's email. Get a jump on this now because your office End of Year Checklist is coming next!
Please read new info about district benchmarks
join the C&I Schoology Group.
LEE LIFE PRINCIPLE:
Humor- comical or amusing quality; ability to see or show the funny or amusing side of things.
LESSON IN LEADERSHIP:
Your ability to make people laugh can help others feel comfortable and relieve tense situations.
LEE QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people."DATES TO REMEMBER:
May 21- Japanese Club Field Trip
May 22- Last day of MLI
Therapy Dog Visits Schliewe's space (11:00)
Board Mtg (6:30) recognition for Youth Art Month
May 23- #CISDCHAT
May 24- Jess' Baby Shower (before school)
Staff Meeting (3:30-5:00 ALL STAFF MUST ATTEND)
May 25- Designer Macs Reimaged
LEEdership Council Meeting (8:30 A120)
May 26- Green Folders Due
Memorial Day Letters Due
Grades Due (8:00)
Final Spirit Stick Sales
May 27- Letters Delivered to National Cemetery (9:00)
May 29- NO SCHOOL