What a fast and furious first week back. THANK YOU for the experiences you designed for our children and the flexibility you have demonstrated with all of our new learners enrolling. YOU ARE APPRECIATED!
Please place your #oneword canvases on your design studio desks to help keep you focused this winter and spring and thank you to Kristen for her tips in hand lettering!
DID YOU KNOW
- that for the 2017-2018 school year our district will be on 9 weeks grading periods K-12?
- there is a course code for a GROUP in Schoology for Curriculum and Instruction? It is: KRQ5T-GMQ85 It is also added to the faculty website on each subject area. There are great resources for interventions and lessons under the Response to Intervention folders.
- January 10th will be the Jeans and CEF shirt day for this month? Please post a photo of 5 or less friends and tweet it with #coppellisdef to win Sonic drinks. Let's go Lee!
- that the A-F Ratings will go live today? Please, please review the powerpoint I emailed out on Wednesday so that we present a united front to any parent who asks about this broken system or CISD.
- Ashley and Chantel will be out next Wed-Friday? We will be working on a research project with Apple in California. Laurie O'Neill and Nick Conraad will be guest administrators on campus.
- that you have permission to wear sweats on January 11 if you register and earn 1,000 points for creating an account on the Community Challenge website. There will be weekly motivators for sweats in the future. Stay tuned!
As you begin your MOY assessments, please remember that this information is a data point to use for RtI. As you finish scoring, please schedule a time to touch base with us at an RtI meeting about your learners. We want to see the progress of all learners, but particularly the learners we put on the "watch" list at the beginning of the year, as well as discuss any learners who may be struggling now and need extra support. Our upcoming RtI meetings are January 9th, January 23rd, and February 6th. Use this link to sign-up, and as always, let Ashley know if you have any questions or need to meet sooner.
MOY GOAL SETTING
If you are a paraprofessional, instructional aide, or office support staff, Ashley and I will be setting middle of the year goal setting appointments with you. This is a time for us to check in with you to see how we can support you and your professional goals. For all others that are evaluated under TTESS, Ashley and I hosted your formal TTESS Observation Post Conferences in December. You have the option to decline middle of the year goal setting, if you prefer. We are more than happy to meet with you if you would like to discuss your goals and ways we can support you if you need to, but the TTESS committee recognizes that we just met and discussed areas of reinforcement and refinement.
Just a reminder that CISD will be hosting a massive district tour on January 25 and 26. Due to the importance of these visits, I will not be able to approve any more subs for personal days on these two days. I will be getting with our core CBL training group and IMPACT participants to ask for your help in hosting a session about CBL, Lee, or more. Please be watching your inbox for a calendar invite. Be working towards having your displays and work intentionally showcased.
WEEKLY WALKTHROUGH FOCUS
For our focused walkthroughs the next four weeks we will be focusing on Domain 2 Dimension 2 Content Knowledge and Expertise. We will be looking for things like cross curricular connections, strategies to avoid learning pitfalls, learners analyzing,creating and evaluating, and learner directed learning.
LEE LIFE PRINCIPLE:
Honesty- truthfulness in words and actions.
LESSON IN LEADERSHIP:
No matter what the circumstances, always be honest. Even if you have done something wrong, it is best to be honest.
LEE QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom." -Thomas JeffersonDATES TO REMEMBER:
January 7- May's Birthday
January 9- Karli, Priscilla, and Rikki's Birthdays
Educational Diagnostician's Week
January 10- Ed Foundation t-shirt and jeans
Math Educator Academy (3-5)
PTO Meeting (6:30)
January 11- Math Educator Academy (K-2)
House Shirt and jeans
CISD Spelling Bee (CMSW)
Fed Ex Day (3:30-4:30)
January 12- Balanced Literacy Academy
Spurs Savings (7:30-7:50)
Buffalo Wild Wings Night