Thursday, July 27, 2023

Week of July 31, 2023

It has been a wonderful first week back for your Admin Team.  We have been working behind the scenes to set up the 2023-2024 school year.  We are super excited for the upcoming school year with all of you being part of our FamiLEE!  We had our Administrator's Academy last week, so I am sharing information as I get it from CISD.  

DID YOU KNOW:

  • that iStation will not be used in CISD next year?  There will be some training for mClass for all elementary grades at the beginning of the year.
  • there is a preliminary schedule for all staff for the welcome back week from CISD?  We are working on our detailed schedule after this week's Academy and will communicate it out to you as soon as it is completed.  (Most likely Tuesday)

LEADERSHIP RETREAT
We are looking forward to working with our campus leaders on Tuesday.  If you have ANY items you want your house or grade leader to address, please take this opportunity to do so.  



RJL ROADSHOW
We can't wait to see you if you can make it on Wednesday.  This is an optional event, and flex will be provided for those who attend.  Dress is casual as we will be hopping on and off of the charted bus driving through our neighborhoods.  Please bring signs, balloons, and your school spirit- it will be loads of fun!  Please be here by 8:00 so we can leave on time.



WELCOME TO OUR FAMILEE

Hello! My name is Julie Bowles. This will be my 12th year in education. I have taught 4th and 5th grade in Dallas ISD, Valley Ranch Elementary, and Canyon Ranch Elementary. I'm excited to support you this year at Lee as your DLC! At home, I've been married to my childhood sweetheart since 2011. We have two boys- 9 year old Xander and 16 month old Oliver (I know, big age gap!). I love to read, play video games, and take our dogs in walks when we aren't all melting from the Texas heat. At school, I'm passionate implementing transformative technology usage in the classroom and I love to help in whatever way I can. I can't wait to get to know you all and learn alongside you this year!


My name is Amber Winsor. I’m looking forward to joining the Lee Elementary this year! 

I was born and raised here in Texas. I graduated college in Virginia where I met my husband. I played 4 years of college soccer. We lived in Virginia for several years working for the university before moving across the country to Washington State. We moved back to my hometown  2 years ago. My husband and I have a 4 year old son. We enjoy riding bikes together, traveling, attending sporting events, and spending time with our family here in Texas. I’ve worked in childcare since graduating college in 2014. I have always had a passion for helping kids become the best they can be. I’m excited for this new opportunity as an active learning paraprofessional and look forward to meeting all of you.



Hello! My name is Farhada Faizy, but I prefer to be called by my middle name Farrah. I have three beautiful children (a 21-year-old daughter studying biochemistry, a 17-year-old son, and an 8-year-old son). I have lived in New York State my entire life but decided to move to Texas for a new chapter in my life. It will be a huge adjustment, but I am looking forward to being a part of Lee Elementary Family! 


TO DO FOR ALL STAFF:
  • Please fill out this form so we can learn all about your favorites.  It also helps us with ordering the proper size for your school shirt for the school year.  Our order is due SOON.  THANK YOU-WE ONLY HAVE A DOZEN OF YOU LEFT TO CAPTURE.
  • Start reviewing the RJL Campus Handbook so you don't have to worry about it when school is in session. This gives you ALL the ins and outs of Lee Elementary.  You will want to be logged into your CISD google account to access linked documents.  We request you read the handbook by August 14.  New/changed items are highlighted in yellow.  Any new district policies that are in the 2023-2024 CISD Employee Handbook supersede our campus handbook.  We do not have access to the new handbook yet, so they are not reflected in our campus one. All staff should submit for flex credit after they complete reading the handbook.   
  • Add the Lee Staff Calendar to your Outlook Calendar.  Thanks for new directions, Kat!
    • Go to your Calendar in Outlook
    • On the left hand side, click Add Calendar
    • Select your account with your email.
    • Type in "Lee Calendar" and select the email with leecalendar@coppellisd.com
    • Click Add
It is OKAY if you are taking this time for YOU- please do not feel guilt if you decide to wait until you are on contract or back in town to do these tasks. 



KEYS AND BADGES
Each staff member will have keys to your Design Studio and Storage Room for your House. If you are in a classroom, you should also have a key to the classroom door. If you are in need of these keys (or any others), please indicate that on this form or reach out to Angel.


#RJLSUMMERSELFIECHALLENGE
Don't forget to participate and share what you are doing this summer!  New hires...join in!

BACK TO SCHOOL SAVE THE DATE



DATES TO REMEMBER
July 31- Kindergarten Pre Assessment Day
Aug 1- Leadership Retreat 
Aug 2- RJL Bus Tour (8:00-11:00)
Aug 3- New Hires visit Lee (2:15-4:00)

No comments:

Post a Comment