Happy Friday and Teacher Appreciation Week. YOU are the BEST staff on the planet in the BEST school in the universe. I hope the love your school famiLEEs have shown you this week keep you uplifted and motivated to tackle the last month of school. Did I just say the LAST MONTH OF SCHOOL? WOW! The year has flown by, and I know each of you are going to "finish strong." It is who you are! Enjoy lunch in the lounge today, from our PTO, and have a fantastic weekend! Happy Mother's Day to all of you- you are second moms to our learners each and every day.
OUR GUIDING PURPOSE: We empower learners to positively impact the world by designing learning experiences that promote relationships, risk taking, and collaboration in a flexible environment.
How are YOU doing with LIVING out this VISION at Lee? Remember our challenge to use flexible spaces this last part of the year. You CAN do it!
DID YOU KNOW?
- that you could apply to present at TECA 2017? This is where Roxann and Alli got their great ideas to share at our Spring Staff Meeting. Take a look here. If you are applying, please let me know, so that I budget funds accordingly for next year. Alli is happy to serve as a thought partner!
- that we recorded 100% of our technology assets and only had only two devices damaged this school year? THANK YOU for watching over our technology and making sure our learners care for it!! Please remember....if your device is damaged, it is your responsibility to have it repaired. Nervous...get the district insurance!!! If learner devices are damaged DO NOT WAIT to tell me. Turn in a help desk ticket immediately. We need them repaired before the end of the year.
- that the DLCs have additional digital learning sessions around DFW this summer? Check them out here.
- that I am going to put weekly district Curriculum Courier links in the blog now? It will delay info getting to you, but the information will be in ONE place. I hope this helps your inbox.
- that we have dates for next year's 5th grade Allaso Ranch trip? We will be going from November 9-11, 2016. Fourth grade team, start sharing that with your parents after your Austin trip.
- we are wearing glitter, sequins, or pink on Monday in honor of District Teacher of the Year, Wendy Pray? Don't forget!!!
SUMMER PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
Summer Professional Learning is now open for you to sign up. An email was sent to the entire district from Laurie O'Neill last week. Please take advantage of the opportunity to start earning your 2016-2017 flex time in areas of YOUR CHOICE this summer. You MUST sign up through Euphoria and unenroll if you are going to be absent. This will ensure that classes are full or canceled due to low enrollment. THANKS to those of you that already signed up, we see that in your professional portfolio in Euphoria.
JUNE 3n order to not have to come in to work on Friday, June 3, you must accumulate 8 hours before the 3rd. GOOD NEWS- many of you have already earned some hours from attending our Spring Carnival. Hours can be accumulated from work done BEFORE 7:30 or AFTER 3:30. For example: Spring Conferences, storage room inventory, end of year checkout work. Time clock employees must also have accumulated 8 hours of comp time to ensure they don't have to come in on June 3rd. If you have questions, please refer to the email Kristen Streeter sent out on March 23 titled "Bad Weather Day Information" or ask Chantel. Part of your end of year check out form will ask you to log your 8 hours.
SWAG BAGS AND PTO
Please make sure that you read the letter in your PTO swag bag. They do not want you to throw it away by accident. Please plan to wear the shirt they had made on Tuesday. We will take a group picture and put it in a card to give them at Tuesday Night's PTO meeting. Speaking of PTO, if you want to attend Tuesday night's meeting at 6:30 pm, we will give Eleanor our staff gift ($100 gift card from Social Spurs funds and a family tree painting created by learners and Jessica). I'm sure your attendance would show appreciation for all she and the board have done. (and you can count it towards June 3 hours)
LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING
Since we will have our retreat next weekend, we will NOT have a meeting Wednesday after school. YAY! Team, please review the menu planner, and let Chantel know if you will need any help. Also, look for more info regarding the trip from Chantel the beginning of next week. In the meantime...we need your vertical teams to review the CIP one more time. Because it is in a word document, not a Google Doc, I will fwd it to each house. Once your group has updated it, please reply all so the next house can add on to your documentation. (I know this is old school- bear with us!) Since you will not have much house time this week due to STAAR, this task is due by Friday, May 20.
We do have adjusted schedules prepared for Monday-Wednesday. THANK YOU, all of you, for your hard work preparing our learners. THEY ARE PREPARED! I appreciate you all having your spaces covered and ready for testing before you leave today. Please read reminders from Angela and revisit your manual.
SHOUT OUT TO THE OFFICE
Huge thanks to the front office. Shanna and Bunny have done a great job this week!
"LEE"DERSHIP QUALITY OF THE WEEK
Humility- being humble, not proud or haughty, not arrogant or assertive.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it," -Ralph Waldo Emerson
LESSON IN "LEE"DERSHIP
If you win or excel at something, do not brag.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
May 8- Mother's Day
May 9- Wear Glitter/Pink in honor of Wendy
Kindergarten Zoo Field Trip
3-5 Math Schoology Course Due
3rd-4th STAAR Math Testing
5th Grade STAAR Math Retesting
Shelley Returns today!
May 10- PTO Mtg. (6:30 Cafe)
3rd-4th STAAR Reading Testing
5th Grade STAAR Reading Retesting
May 11- 5th Grade STAAR Science Testing
National School Nurse Day
Convocation T-shirt and Jeans
May 12- NRH20 for Choir Learners (all day)
Tour (1:00 pm only)
May 13- Ian Weiss Principal for 1/2 Day AM
Choir & Instrumental Ensemble Performance (Cafe 8:30 and 6:30)
Samsung Volunteers on Campus
May 13-15- Leadership Team Retreat